Thursday, June 10, 2010

Post for Everyone- Prepositions


Solved Language Paper: For Everyone
Appropriate Prepositions:-
1. She got married at nineteen.
2. The 8.15 train started on time. (It started at 8.15)
3. You should be in time for your flight. (not late)
4. I arrived at the marriage reception in good time. (The marriage reception began at 8 and I arrived at 7.45)
5. On checking, the man found that he had forgotten his purse.
6. At first he opposed what I proposed, but in the end he gave his consent. (literally at the end)
7. She has been teaching me since January. (from January till now; since is used to denote a point in time)
8. They have been here for quite a few years. (for is used to denote a period of time)
9. She was on a fast for two days, and during the two days she ate nothing. (may be used before known periods)
10. I have no money on me. (I have no ready cash)

No comments:

Post a Comment